The relevance of researches is due to the need to develop the technology of whey-based beverages with high viscosity. The paper presents the criteria for choosing a method of milk whey processing; a list of existing technologies as classification scheme is included. An alternative ingredient of plant origin - orange fiber Citri-Fi has been proposed to regulate the consistency of the beverage. Due to the special processing it has functional and technological properties - the ability to bind moisture up to 13 mass particles for 1 weight fraction of the fiber. Using mathematical modeling, the optimal conditions of including dietary fiber in the milk whey have been determined in order to predict the behavior of raw material systems in the production of beverages with high viscosity in the technological cycle. Samples of dietary fiber were studied using an ultraviolet microscope with the optical system of fluorescent illuminator. Indices of dynamic viscosity of hydrated whey plant mixtures were determined by Geppler viscometer. The visualization of the transformation of dry Citri-Fi while swelling in whey was shown, allowing you to observe a multiple increase in the volume of tubular fibers. The mechanism of water-retaining process is confirmed by the preservation of the fiber structure and a significant increase in the volume of the fragment of dietary fiber due to the absorption of the whey. The conditions for the preparation and application of orange dietary fiber in the milk whey to obtain beverages with high viscosity were studied. Optimum conditions for preparation and application whey plant mixture in the bulk of whey are the amount of Citri-Fi - 4-5%, the stirring time - 10-15 min, the swelling temperature - 30-35°C. The rational amount of whey mixture is 10-12.5%, provided that the temperature - 50-60°C, the stirring time - 8-10 min. The rational parameters and technological scheme of whey beverages with high viscosity have been developed.
Dry and hydrated samples of Citri-Fi, whey plant mixtures, mathematical models, viscosity characteristics, beverages with high viscosity
Beverage industry is one of the efficient ways of using milk whey, which is accessible form for the correction of human nutritional status by enriching physiological functional ingredients with a favorable effect on the metabolism and immunity. All non-alcoholic drinks, including whey, are refreshing products in the daily diet of people. Nutritional value of whey beverages is linked to ensuring the water balance of the body and the energy [1-3].
Criteria for selection of whey as a basis for beverages formulated in published data are the following [4, 5]:
• minimal pre-treatment with the existing equipment and the possibility of correction of technological processes;
• the properties and composition of whey, its relative availability and low cost, safety;
• seasonal peaks of coincidence of the beverage consumption and production of whey at dairy processing plants;
• ecological necessity of solving the problem of whey disposal;
• the possibility of combining with herbal ingredients at the organoleptic level and ensuring their technological properties.
The composition of whey predetermines its use for production of various beverages, including fermented ones. Beverages based on native whey have high value due to the preservation of all milk components. There are several classifications of whey beverages; one of the variants is shown in Fig. 1 [6, 7].
1. Chumburydze, T., Polza napitkov (Good drinks). Materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsiyi “Osnovy bezopasnogo i sbalansirovannogo pitaniya” (Proc. of the Int. Sci. and Prac. Conf. “Basics safe and ba-lanced diet”), Kiev, 2 November, 2010, pp. 18-19.
2. Ostroumov, L.A., Razumnikova, I.S., and Frolov, S.V., Ispolzovanie molochnoj sivorotky v tehnologii napitkov (Use of whey beverage technology). Materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-issledovatel´skoy konferentsiyi “Sovre-mennie naukoemkie tehnologii pererabotki sirja i proizvodstva produktov pitania: sostojanie, problemi i perspek-tivi razvitija” (Proc. of the Int. Research Conf. “Modern high technology processing of raw materials and food production: status, problems and prospects of development”), Оmsk, 1 March, 2008, pp. 72-73.
3. Jeličić I., Božanić R., Tratnik L., Whey-based beverages - a new generation of dairy products, Mljekarstvo, 2008, no. 58 (3), pp. 257-274.
4. Suhih, S.А., and Frolov, S.V., Tehnologia toniziruischih napitkov na osnove vtorichnogo molochnogo sirja (Tech-nology of tonics based on the secondary raw milk), Dostizheniya nauki i tekhniki APK (Achievements of Science and Technology of AIC), 2008, no. 5, pp. 54-55.
5. Bulatović Maja Lj., Marica B.R., Ljiljana V.M., Svetlana N.B., et al., Whey as a raw material for the production of functional beverages, Hemijska Industrija, 2012, vol. 66, iss. 4, pp. 567-579.
6. Khramtsov, A.G., Fenomen molochnoj sivorotki (Phenomenon of milk whey), St. Petersburg: “Professija” Publ., 2011. 804 p.
7. Zhidkov, V.E., Nauchno-tehnicheskie osnovi biotehnologii alternativnih variantov napitkov iz molochnoj sivorotki (Scientific and technical bases of biotechnology alternatives drinks from whey), Rostov na Donu: SKNCVSH, 2000. 144 p.
8. Sviridenko, Yu.Ya., and Volkova, T.A., Effektivnij podhod k pererabotke molochoj sivorotki (Effective approach to the whey processing ), Molochnaya promishlennost (Dairy industry), 2012, no. 7, pp. 44-46.
9. Koroteckaya, N.S., Sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivnie napravlenie pererabotki molochnoj sivoroyki (Present status and future directions of whey processing), Aktualnie problemi gumatarnih i estestvennih nauk (Actual prob-lems of Arts and Sciences), 2012, no. 4, pp. 51-54.
10. Volkova, T.A. О roli produktov iz sivorotki (The role of whey products), Molochnaya promishlennost (Dairy indus-try), 2012, no. 4, pp. 68-69.
11. Krešić, G., Jambrak, An.R., Lelas, V., Influence of innovative technologies on rheological and thermophysical prop-erties of whey proteins and guar gum model systems, Mljekarstvo, 2011, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 64-78.
12. Gubina, I., Pischevie volokna «Citri-Fi» - innovacia v proizvodstve plavlenis sirov (Dietary fiber "Citri-Fi" - an in-novation in the production of processed cheese), Pererabotka moloka (Milk Processing), 2012, no. 5, pp. 60.
13. Shestopalova, N.E., Apelsinovie pischevie volokna Citri-Fi v sbivnih masah (Orange fiber Citri-Fi in whipped ma-sah), Konditerskoe i hlebopekarskoe proizvodstvo (Confectionery and bakery production), 2010, no. 11, pp. 28-29.
14. Grek, Е.V., and Krasulia, E.A., Issledovanie vliyania pischevih volokon na formu svjazi vlagi v smesiah s moloch-noj sivorotkoj (Study of dietary fiber impact on moisture binding forms in mixtures containing milk whey), Maisto chemija ir technologija. Mokslo darbai (Food chemistry and technology. Proceedings), Kaunas, 2013, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 15-21.
15. Ivanov, S.V., Grek, Е.V., and Krasulia, E.A., Modelirovanie v tehnologii syvorotochnyh napitkov s povyshennoj vjazkost´ju (Simulation in technology of whey beverages with high viscosity). Tehnika i tehnologija pishhevyh proizvodstv (Food Processing: Techniques and Technology), 2014, no. 3, pp. 39-46.