The ecosystem of digital development of a financial enterprise is a strategically important scientific and methodological task. World practice shows that ecosystems are the strategic future of the economy that are able to transform traditional business. Seven of the ten largest global companies are ecosystem companies. In the medium term, ecosystems will account for a significant part of the national and global gross product. The global ecosystem trend is also developing in Russia. Under these conditions, large systemically important banks, e.g., the Sberbank, have to face new challenges. The article describes the role of the ecosystem strategy with its technological capabilities and risks in the paradigm of the digital economy in the case of the Sberbank. It introduces a new algorithm that can be applied to test the trends, opportunities, and limitations of the ecosystem and digital transformation of a financial organization. The analysis relied on the strategy theory and strategizing methodology developed by V.L. Kvint. Keywords: ecosystem, digital transformation, strategic trends, digital development, OTSW-analysis, strategizing, financial organization
ecosystem, digital transformation, strategic trends, digital development, OTSW-analysis, strategizing, financial organization
1. Ashurbekova ZN, Musayeva ZA. Banking ecosystems as a new direction of transformation of the Russian banking sector. Theory and Practice of the World Science. 2021;(5):19–22. (In Russ.)
2. Zhdanov DA. Digital transformation: Platform ecosystems as a tool for high-tech business management. Management Sciences. 2021;11(4):25–39. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.26794/2404-022X-2021-11-4-25-39
3. Kvint VL. The concept of strategizing. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2022. 170 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2562-7
4. Kvint VL. Strategiya razvitiya strategii [Strategizing the strategy development]. Zhurnal Byudzhet [Budget Journal]. 2022;230(2):44–46. (In Russ.)
5. Kvint VL, Bodrunov SD. Strategirovanie transformatsii obshchestva: znanie, tekhnologii, noonomika [Strategic transformation of society: knowledge, technology, and noonomy]. St. Petersburg: INIR im. S.Yu. Vitte; 2021. 351 p. (In Russ.)
6. Koroleva EV, Solgan LA. Ecosystem within ecosystem: The development of financial technologies in Russia. Finance and Credit. 2021;27(5):1116–1131. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.24891/fc.27.5.1116
7. Sotsialʹno-ehkonomicheskoe polozhenie Rossii. Yanvarʹ-iyunʹ 2022 goda [Socio-economic situation in Russia. January-June 2022]. Moscow: Rosstat; 2022. 295 p. (In Russ.)
8. Kvint VL, Novikova IV, Alimuradov MK, Sasaev NI. Strategizing the national economy during a period of burgeoning technological sovereignty. Administrative Consulting. 2022;165(9):57–67. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.22394/1726-1139-2022-9-57-67
9. Kvint VL, Alimuradov MK, Astapov KL, Alekseev GF, Bagaev DV, Boksgorn AA, et al. Strategizing of Kuzbass region economic and investing development. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 364 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2724-9
10. Trushina KV, Smagin AV. The trend for the development of the largest banks in the paradigm of ecosystem (on the concept of “ecosystems”). Banking Services. 2019;(12):7–11. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.36992/2075-1915_2019_12_7
11. Chesbro G. Otkrytye innovatsii. Sozdanie pribylʹnykh tekhnologiy [Open innovation. Creating profitable technologies]. Moscow: Pokolenie; 2007. 336 p. (In Russ.)
12. Yakovleva AK, Fedulova EA. Evaluating the effectiveness of structured financial instruments in the commercial bank's ecosystem. Finance and Credit. 2021;27(3):502–522. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.24891/fc.27.3.505
13. Yakovleva AK, Fedulova EA, Salkova OS. Assessing the efficiency of ecosystem functioning of PAO Sberbank. Finance and Credit. 2019;25(10):2304–2321. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.24891/fc.25.10.2304
14. Chesbrough HW. The era of open innovation (introduction). MIT Sloan Management Review. 2003;44(3):35–41.
15. Isenberg D. What an entrepreneurship ecosystem actually is. Harvard Business Review. 2014;5:1–7.
16. Kiryukhina EA, Averkieva LG. “Open innovation” – A new theory of Henry Chesbrough. Journal of Economics and Social Sciences. 2014;(4).
17. Kvint VL. Konzepte der Strategie: Impulse für Führungskräfte. Munchen: UVK Verlag; 2021. 128 p. (In German)
18. Kvint VL. Strategy for the global market: Theory and practical applications. New York: Routledge; 2015. 548 p. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315709314
19. Kvint VL, Bodrunov SD. Strategizing societal transformation: Knowledge, technologies, and noonomy. Oakville: Apple Academic Press; 2023. 228 p.
20. Moore J. The death of competition: leadership and strategy in the age of business ecosystems. New York: Harper Business; 1996. 297 p.
21. Valdez J. The entrepreneurial ecosystem: toward a theory of new business formation. San Antonio: University of Texas; 1988.