Corporate websites play an important role in cultivating the image of a successful law firm. The authors analyzed the website of Zhorin and Partners Bar Association, Moscow, to verify this hypothesis. Various structural elements were responsible for highlighting particular features of the firm and its employees, e.g., professionalism, success, high profile, etc. The site proved to be interactive and demonstrated an admirable ratio of static and dynamic content. The analysis revealed five strategies of positive image cultivation: the firm was described as accredited, authoritative, successful, and prestigious, sometimes in an exaggerated way. Each strategy had its own language means. The website of Zhorin and Partners demonstrated an elaborate structure, a well-structured content, a high-quality linguistic design, and a variety of communication strategies. All the elements of the website contributed to a positive image of the law firm and its public promotion.
corporate website, corporate discourse, law firm, communication strategy, image, reputation
1. Dronova E. A. Developing company's corporate website as an effective marketing tool. Academy Bulletin, 2011, (1): 142–144. (In Russ.) EDN: NJCKZP
2. Oltarzhevskiy D. O. Role of corporate media in business socialization. Mediascope, 2014, (2). (In Russ.) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_21642149_89391000.pdf (accepted 15.06.2022).
3. Poteryakhina I. N. Linguistic features of corporate sites. Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk State University, 2011, (33): 111–113. (In Russ.) EDN: OZMWWT
4. Poteryakhina I. N. Genre-creative elements of a corporate site. Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk State University, 2013, (37): 49–51. (In Russ.) EDN: RVUQHX
5. Romashova I. P. Legitimation strategies and tactics in corporate discourse. Communication Studies, 2020, 7(2): 365–376. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.24147/2413-6182.2020.7(2).365-376
6. Sidorova T. I. Corporate website as a tool of corporate culture development. Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk State University, 2007, (8): 99–104. (In Russ.) EDN: NBFVXL
7. Khaliulin D. R. Corporate website as a tool for promoting legal services: foreign experience. Panorama, 2015, 18: 67–71. (In Russ.) EDN: XBSNTF
8. Khamatova L. M. The use of social networks for the creation of the image of the organization. Alleya nauki, 2017, 2(9): 855–858. (In Russ.) EDN: YULCVL
9. Chelikova A. V. The part of discoursive practice "history of business organization" in creating firms image. Vestnik of Moscow State Linguistic University. Humanities, 2013, (8): 97–109. (In Russ.) EDN: PZVQHZ
10. Shevyakova E. A. Design features of structural blocks of sites. Identification of graphic and technical tasks of the designer depending on the purpose of the content. Design and architecture: a synthesis of theory and practice: Proc. V Intern. Sci.-Prac. Conf., Krasnodar, 27–29 Apr 2021. Krasnodar: KubSU, 2021, 230–233. (In Russ.) EDN: IUIDAX