The present research featured various ways to increase the investment attractiveness of regions, realize the potential of their development strategies, and assess the resource provision of their strategic priorities. The limited resources and ever-growing interregional competition mean that regions strive to increase their competitiveness and attract the missing resources. The paper introduces a new approach to the problem: the factors of economic development of regions should be divided into basic and mobile. These two groups are to be analyzed for the level of provision of the regional strategic development. Such approach can help local authorities to attract resources and implement the sustainability of the regional strategy, thus increasing the local strategic investment attractiveness and improving the quality of life in the region. Regional governments should select priorities that have a high potential for attracting mobile resources from other regions. The paper also contains an algorithm for analyzing the resource provision of strategic priorities.
strategizing, regional development strategies, regional strategic priorities, strategic investment attractiveness, resource provision of the strategy, interregional competition
1. Alimuradov MK. Regional strategies as an uncertainty reducing factor for investors. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2020;13(1):4–17. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2020-1-4-17.
2. Granberg AG, Suslov VI, Suspitsin SA. Economic-mathematical studies of multiregional systems. Region: Ekonomika i Sotsiologiya. 2008;(2):120–150. (In Russ.)
3. Kvint VL. The concept of strategizing. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2020. 170 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2562-7.
4. Kvint VL. Kontseptsiya strategirovaniya. T. 1 [The concept of strategizing. Vol. 1.]. St. Petersburg: SZIU RANKhiGS; 2019. 132 p. (In Russ.)
5. Kvint VL. Strategic planning in Russia and the world: importance of human interactions. Economics and Management. 2014;109(11):15–17. (In Russ.)
6. Kvint VL. Theoretical basis and methodology of strategizing of the private and public sectors of the Kuzbass region as a medial subsystem of the national economy. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2020;13(3):290–299. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2020-3-290-299.
7. Kvint VL. Theory and practice of strategizing. Tashkent: Tasvir; 2018. 160 p. (In Russ.)
8. Kushnarenko TV. Theoretic institutional basis of non-raw material resources development of regional. Terra Economicus. 2014;12(2–3):197–201. (In Russ.)
9. Livchits VN, Mironova IA, Shvetsov AN. Evaluating investment projects efficiency in various conditions. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2019;12(1):29–43. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2019-1-29-43.
10. Myaskov AV, Alekseev GF. Strategizing of transformations in the coal mining industry of Kuzbass. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2020;13(3):318–327. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2020-3-318-327.
11. Novikova IV. Strategizing of the human resources development: Main elements and stages. Strategizing: Theory and Practice. 2021;1(1):57–65. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/2782-2435-2021-1-1-57-65.
12. Ohmae K. The mind of the strategist: The art of Japanese business. Moscow: Intellektualʹnaya literature; 2021. 216 p. (In Russ.)
13. Alimuradov MK, Astapov KL, Venger KG, Khabekova MK. The role of financial institutions in maintaining the realization of strategic priorities of Kuzbass. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2020;13(3):399–408. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2020-3-399-408.
14. Kvint VL, Alimuradov MK, Astapov KL, Alekseev GF, Bagaev DV, Boksgorn AA, et al. Strategizing of Kuzbass region economic and investing development. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 364 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2724-9.
15. Ahrend R. Sustaining growth in a resource-based economy: the main issues and the specific case of Russia. Geneva: United Nations Economic Commission for Europe; 2005. 23 p.
16. Hili P, Gani MU, Hamzah N, Rahman Z. Effect of human capital and leadership on institutions performance and competitive advantages. IRA – International Journal of Management and Social Sciences. 2017;7(3):479–488. https://doi.org/10.21013/jmss.v7.n3.p9.
17. Katada SN. Japan’s new regional reality: Geoeconomic strategy in the Asia-Pacific. New York: Columbia University Press; 2020. 344 p.
18. Kvint V. Strategy for the global market: theory and practical applications. New York: Routledge; 2016. 519 p.
19. Scott AJ, Storper M. Regions, globalization, development. Regional Studies. 2003;37(6–7):579–593. https://doi.org/10.1080/0034340032000108697a.