UDK 10 Философия
The paper presents a review of modern philosophical and methodological literature on exploring complexity. The research featured the effect of metaphor in the cognitive processes, research communication, and transmission of complex ideas. The author developed a classification of metaphors in the context of exploring complexity. The approach is based on the identification of a certain ontological and epistemic content of the metaphor. The contextual role of the metaphor in cognition processes depends on these aspects of its content. The author analyzed the groups of metaphors associated with such topics of exploring complexity as self-organization, ecology, and dialogue. The metaphors proved important in developing a complex vision of the relationship between the cognizer and the world. The study also examined the axiological aspects of the metaphors, as well as the connection between the metaphor and the new vision of rationality, typical of the philosophical reflection of complexity. The metaphor proved to have a heuristic, communicative, and organizational potential in conditions of methodological uncertainty. The context of philosophical and theoretical-methodological reflection of complexity makes it possible to study the metaphor in order to identify the existing models of exploring complexity and their cognitive stylistics.
ontological complexity, epistemic complexity, heuristic value, rationality, uncertainty
1. Russell B. Selected works, trs. Tselishchev V. V., Surovtsev V. A. Novosibirsk: Sibirskoe univ. izd-vo, 2009, 257. (In Russ.)
2. Reshetnikova E. V. Metaphor in Post-nonclassical knowledge. Novosibirsk: NGASU (Sibstrin), 2013, 160. (In Russ.)
3. Nalimov V. V. In search of other meanings. Moscow: Progress, 1993, 260. (In Russ.)
4. Morin E. On complexity, tr. Svirskii Ia. I., ed. Arshinov V. I. Moscow: Institut obshchegumanitarnykh issledovanii, 2019, 272. (In Russ.)
5. Callicott J. B. Introduction to ecological worldviews: aesthetics, metaphors and conservation. Linking ecology and ethics for a changing world, eds. Rozzi R., Pickett S., Palmer C., Armesto J. J., Callicott J. B. N. Y.: Springer, 2014, 109–111.
6. Pinker S. The stuff of thought, trs. Murat V. P., Ulianova I. D., 2nd ed. Moscow: URSS: LIBROKOM, 2016, 557. (In Russ.)
7. Aroutiounova N. D. Human language and the world, 2nd ed. Moscow: Iaz. rus. kultury, 1999, 895. (In Russ.)
8. Lakoff G., Johnson M. Metaphors we live by, trs. Baranov A. N., Morozova A. V., ed. Baranov A. N. Moscow: URSS, 2004, 252. (In Russ.)
9. The Cambridge handbook of metaphor and thought, ed. Gibbs R. W., Jr. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008, 566. DOI: 10.1017/CBO9780511816802
10. Deutscher G. Through the language glass, tr. Zhukova N. Moscow: AST, 2019, 444. (In Russ.)
11. Novalis. Fragments, tr. Volskii A. L. St. Petersburg: Azimut, 2014, 317. (In Russ.)
12. Morin E. La Methode. La Nature de la nature, ed. and tr. Knyazeva H. N. Moscow: Kanon+ROOI "Reabilitatsiia", 2013, 488. (In Russ.)
13. Cilliers P. Complexity and postmodernism. London, N. Y.: Routledge, 1998, 176.
14. Mitchell M. Complexity: a guided tour. Oxford, N. Y.: Oxford University Press, 2009, 349.
15. Bibler V. S. From science of knowledge to the logic of culture. Two philosophical introductions to the twenty-first century. Moscow: Politizdat, 1991, 412. (In Russ.)
16. Mainzer K. Thinking in complexity. The Computational dynamics of matter, mind and mankind, ed. Malinetskii G. G., tr. Berkov A. V. Moscow: URSS: Librokom, 2008, 463. (In Russ.)
17. Longino H. E. Legacies of positivism in the philosophy of science. Linking ecology and ethics for a changing world, eds. Rozzi R., Pickett S., Palmer C., Armesto J. J., Callicott J. B. N. Y.: Springer, 2014, 207–217.
18. Knyazeva H. N. Ecological philosophy: world view dimensions of the modern ecology. Vestnik Mezhdunarodnoi akademii nauk (Russkaia sektsiia), 2019, (1): 16–23. (In Russ.)
19. Cowan G. A., Pines D., Meltzer D. Complexity: metaphors, models and reality. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Books, 1999, 731.
20. Whitehead A. N. Selected works on philosophy, tr. and ed. Kissel M. A. Moscow: Progress, 1990, 716. (In Russ.)
21. Lapshin I. I. Philosophy of invention and invention in philosophy. Introduction to history of philosophy. Moscow: Respublika, 1999, 398. (In Russ.)