UDK 66 Химическая технология. Химическая промышленность. Родственные отрасли
UDK 60 Прикладные науки. Общие вопросы
Development of new methods and systems for control of physical properties of dairy products is a promising trend in the food industry. Using new methods of control improves product quality and helps to reduce manual labor at dairy plants. The aim of this study was to develop a methodology for monitoring of milk coagulation with combined infrared koagulograph. Whole unpasteurized milk was the object of our study. Chymosin solution with activity of 8,000 units under the CHY_MAX trademark was used as a coagulant. To control the process of rennet coagulation we used a combined nephelometer-turbidimeter of our own design. The technique of coagulation monitoring is based on receiving turbidimetric and nephelometric data from multiple optical sensors operating in the near infrared region of the spectrum. Data were recorded using a laboratory complex based on universal multichannel ZET210 data collection device. The flux data from the sensors were recorded in the database and displayed using the applied KoaguMilk software of our own design. Possible photocell set for the coagulograph is also described in the paper. As a demonstration of the method possibilities the dependence of coagulation on chymosin concentration has been analysed. The data on the effect of the rennet concentration on coagulation rate obtained under this study are found to be corresponding to the conventional data. This proves applied effectiveness of our optical method for milk clot structuring under the rennet coagulation. We obtained diagrams for dependence of the IR radiation flow on time under the rennet coagulation, showing a decrease in the degree of flux transmission in direct and sidewise scattering and increase in backscattering at the active stage of milk coagulation.
Milk coagulation, nephelometry, turbidimetry, infrared sensor, coagulograph
1. Fox P. F., Guinee T. P., Cogan T. M. and McSweeney P. L. H. Fundamentals of Cheese Science. Aspen Publishers, Inc., 2000, 639 p.
2. Britz T.J., Robinson R.K. Advanced Dairy Science and Technology. Wiley-Blackwell, 2008, 312 p.
3. Ostroumov, L.A. Razvitie fundamental'nyh osnov tehnologiy syrodeliya / L.A. Ostroumov, A.M. Osincev, V.I. Braginskiy // Izvestiya Armyanskoy sel'skohozyaystvennoy akademii. - 2003. - № 3/4. - S. 150-153.
4. O'Callaghan D.J., O'Donnell C.P., Payne F.A. Review of systems for monitoring curd setting during cheesemaking. International Journal of Dairy Technology, 2002, v. 55(2), pp. 65-74.
5. Lucey J.A. Formation and physical properties of milk protein gels. Journal of Dairy Science, 2002, v. 85, pp. 281-294.
6. O'Callaghan D. J., Mulholland E. P., Duffy A. P., O'Donnell C. P., Payne F. A. Evaluation of hot wire and optical sensors for on-line monitoring of curd firmness during milk coagulation. Irish Journal of Agricultural and Food Research, 2001, v. 40(2), pp. 227-238.
7. Cecchinato A, Cipolat-Gotet C, Casellas J, Penasa M, Rossoni A, Bittante G. Genetic analysis of rennet coagulation time, curd-firming rate, and curd firmness assessed over an extended testing period using mechanical and near-infrared instruments. Journal of Dairy Science, 2013, v 96(1), pp 50-62.
8. Dinamicheskiy formograf dlya reologicheskih issledovaniy v pischevoy promyshlennosti / A.M. Osincev [i dr.] // Tehnika i tehnologiya pischevyh proizvodstv. - 2014. - № 2. - S. 20-24.
9. Pais V.F., Veríssimo M.I.S., Oliveira J.A.B.P., Gomes M.S.R. Using acoustic wave sensors to follow milk coagulation and to separate the cheeses according to the milk origin. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2015, v. 207(B), pp. 1121-1128.
10. Bittantea G., Contierob B., Cecchinato A. Prolonged observation and modelling of milk coagulation, curd firming, and syneresis. International Dairy Journal, 2013, v 29(2), pp 115-123.
11. Osintsev A. Theoretical and practical aspects of the thermographic method for milk coagulation research. Food and Raw Materials, 2014, v. 2(2), pp. 147-155.
12. de Kruif C. G. Supra-aggregates of casein micelles as a prelude to coagulation. Journal of Dairy Science, 1998, v. 81, pp. 3019-3028.
13. Lomholt S. B., Worning P., Øgendal L., Qvist K. B., Hyslop D. B., Bauer R. Kinetics of the renneting reaction followed by measurement of turbidity as a function of wavelength. Journal of Dairy Research, 1998, v. 65, pp. 545-554.
14. Zavisimost' vyazkouprugih svoystv sychuzhnyh geley ot koncentraciy molochnogo zhira i suhih veschestv / A.M Osincev [i dr.] // Tehnika i tehnologiya pischevyh proizvodstv. - 2015. - № 2. - S. 53-61.