The research features the Khanty-Mansiysk hostel market as a promising area of small business. The main objective of the study is to develop practical recommendations for the opening of hostels in the city of Khanty-Mansiysk. To achieve this goal, the following problem issues were studied: foreign experience in the development of hostel market, evaluation of supply and demand for hotel business in Khanty-Mansiysk, pricing in the hotel services market, and business climate for the development of the hostel market. The authors used the methods of statistical and comparative analysis, special methods of economic analysis, as well as the method of strategic planning SWOT-analysis. As a result of the research, the authors formulated proposals for the opening of hostels in Khanty-Mansiysk. The recommendations can be used by entrepreneurs engaged in the local hotel business. The proposals can also be useful to Khanty-Mansiysk administration in developing a strategy for the social and economic development of the municipality.
hotel business, competition, pricing, tourism, services
1. Starkova G. P., Martyshenko N. S. Malyi biznes v sfere gostinichnogo predprinimatel'stva v Primorskom krae [Small business in the sphere of hotel business in Primorsky Krai]. Rossiiskoe predprinimatel'stvo = Russian Entrepreneurship, no. 24 (2012): 243–249.
2. Bazikyan S. A. Rolʹ regionalʹnykh brendov v nakoplenii simvolicheskogo kapitala mesta (na primere Velikogo Novgoroda) [The role of regional brands in the accumulation of the symbolic capital of the place (on the example of Veliky Novgorod)]. Voprosy teorii i praktiki zhurnalistiki = Questions of theory and practice of journalism, 6, no. 4 (2017): 592–602. DOI: 10.17150/2308-6203.2017.6(4).592-602
3. Tyaglov S. G., Kushnarenko T. V., Khokhlov A. A., Qeropyan M. A. The development of cluster relations within the state and business structures in terms of strategy of non-primary sector import-substitution. European Research Studies Journal, 20, no. 1 (2017): 198–207.
4. Nazarkina V. A., Shteingolts B. I. Osobennosti potrebitel'skogo sprosa v gostinichnoi sfere [Characteristics of consumer demand in the hotel sphere]. Nauka o cheloveke: gumanitarnye issledovaniia = Science of man: humanitarian research, no. 2 (2014): 122–126.
5. Larionova A. A. Sovremennye trendy i perspektivy razvitiia gostinichnogo biznesa v Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Modern trends and prospects for the development of hotel business in the Russian Federation]. Regional'naia ehkonomika: teoriia i praktika = Regional economy: theory and practice, no. 23 (2015): 43–53.
6. Leleka V. V., Sokovnina N. V. Khostely kak perspektivnaia tendentsiia razvitiia gostinichnogo biznesa [Hostels as a promising trend in the development of hotel business]. Innov: ehlektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal = Innov: electronic scientific journal, no. 1 (2017). Available at: http://www.innov.ru/science/economy/khostely-kak-perspektivnaya-tendents// (accessed 05.04.2018).
7. Kozyreva O. A. Turizm 2015: mirovye trendy [Tourism 2015: world trends]. Vestnik Rossiiskoi mezhdunarodnoi akademii turizma = Bulletin of the Russian International Academy of Tourism, no. 4 (2014): 3–7.
8. Kukushkina A. G. Khostel kak tsentr detsko-iunosheskogo obrazovatel'nogo turizma: pedagogizatsiia sredy [The hostel as the center of children's and youthful educational tourism: the pedagogy of the environment]. Vestnik Novgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta = Bulletin of Novgorod State University, no. 2 (2016): 63–66.
9. Salmanova I. P. Osnovnye aspekty upravleniia social'nymi gostinitsami v gostinichnom biznese [The main aspects of management of social hotels in the hotel business]. Vestnik Rossiiskogo universiteta druzhby narodov = Bulletin of the Russian University of Friendship of Peoples, no. 2 (2012): 112–121.
10. Dukhovnaya L. L. Rol' i znachenie khostelov v protsesse povysheniia privlekatel'nosti turistskoi destinatsii na primere g. Moskvy [The role and importance of hostels in the process of increasing the attractiveness of tourist destination on the example of Moscow]. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom = Service in Russia and abroad, no. 2 (2014): 17–23. DOI: 10.12737/3583
11. Zinurova R. I., Bardasova E. V. Prioritetnye napravleniia organizatsii i razvitiia malykh predpriyatii sfery uslug dlia nachinaiushchikh biznesmenov [Priority directions of organization and development of small enterprises in the sphere of services for novice businessmen]. Vestnik ekonomiki, prava i sociologii = Bulletin of Economics, Law and Sociology, no. 3 (2015): 42–44.