The paper features the problems of strategic management of social and economic development at the regional and municipal levels. Currently, the legal and the regulatory framework that ensures the management of socio-economic development at the regional and municipal levels is quite dynamic and corresponds with the current conditions and challenges. The legal and regulatory framework in the field of strategic management is formed not only as an institutional basis for socio-economic development: it also represents a thoroughly developed system of methods and tools for developing strategic documents and ensuring their implementation. However, normative legal documents reflect, as a rule, a traditional view of the implementation of the strategic planning process, formed within the scientific schools of design and planning, with the inclusion of individual elements of advanced technologies of strategic management. Federal authorities have consistently formed the basis for the actual strengthening of the role of the methodology of strategic management in regional and municipal management. The consistent implementation of the program-target approach, the methodology of strategic planning, the principles of project management in the practice of state and municipal management forms the basis for applying the principles of agile public administration as the basis for strategic management in real-time. Independence, initiative, innovation, openness, agile, competence, and high motivation will increasingly determine success in the practice of state and municipal government. Hence, successful work on overcoming the resistance of the administrative bureaucratic management system will be a pledge of effective implementation and application of mechanisms and technologies of project management and agile public administration.
strategic planning, improving the effectiveness of strategic management, regional development, municipalities
1. Ivankov V. I., Kvashnin A. V., Psarev V. I., Psareva T. V. Formirovanie kompleksnyh programm social'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya municipal'nyh obrazovaniy. Novosibirsk: Sibirskoe knizhnoe izdatel'stvo, 2005. 342 s.
2. Mincberg G., Al'strend B., Lempel Dzh. Shkoly strategiy / red. Yu. N. Kapturevskogo. SPb: Piter, 2000. 336 s.
3. Seliverstov V. E. Strategicheskie razrabotki i strategicheskoe planirovanie v Sibiri: opyt i problemy. Novosibirsk: IEOPP SO RAN, 2010. 496 s.
4. Loktionov M. V. Strategii razvitiya gosudarstvennogo upravleniya v Rossii: istoriya i sovremennost'. M.: Genezis, 2012. 448 s.
5. Osborne D., Gaebler T. Reinventing government: how the entrepreneurial spirit is transforming the public Sector. Reading (MA): Addison-Wesley, 1992. 420 p.
6. Ivankov V. I., Kvashnin A. V., Psarov V. I., Psarova T. V. Formirovanie kompleksnykh programm sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiia munitsipal'nykh obrazovanii [Formation of comprehensive programs for social-economic development of municipalities]. Novosibirsk: Sibirskoe knizhnoe izdatelʹstvo, 2005, 342.
7. Mintzberg H., Ahlstrand B., Lampel J. Shkoly strategii [School of Strategy]. Ed. Kapturevskii Yu. N. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2000, 336.
8. Seliverstov V. E. Strategicheskie razrabotki i strategicheskoe planirovanie v Sibiri: opyt i problem [Strategic development and strategic planning in Siberia: experience and problems]. Novosibirsk: IEOPP SO RAN, 2010, 496.
9. Loktionov M. V. Strategii razvitiia gosudarstvennogo upravleniia v Rossii: istoriia i sovremennost' [Strategies for the development of public administration in Russia: history and modernity]. Moscow: Genezis, 2012, 448.
10. Osborne D., Gaebler T. Reinventing government: how the entrepreneurial spirit is transforming the public Sector. Reading (MA): Addison-Wesley, 1992, 420.